Monday, May 13, 2013

Bringing the Baking Back

It's been a long time since I last posted anything here, and not because I haven't been baking anything. Rather I've been staying busy with classes and studying. Now that I have more frequent access to a reliable kitchen, I decided to get back into seriously baking and into updating this blog. However the blog will now be slightly expanded to include interesting events in my life as well as any truly interesting things I write/make, as well as just the bread.  That being said it'll still mostly be bread. The purpose of this resumption is two-fold. First and foremost it's a useful tool for me to track and record my baking. I felt for some time that my baking was stagnating with just bread-machine bread or poorly formed and made loaves.

I'm going to be holding myself to a minimum weekly post count: At least one post Monday, Wednesday and Saturday. Monday will generally be a sourdough bread, Wednesday will usually be a no-knead bread of some kind, and Saturday will be something I wouldn't normally make such as pretzals, bagels or pita bread. (Not an exhaustive list). This may become more or less frequent over the next few weeks, but I will be sure to maintain an updated schedule no matter what.

Upcoming non-scheduled posts:
          Making of my Sourdough Starter. This will most likely be included in my Monday posts until it is finally stabilized, at which point I'll compile them into a full post in it's own right
          Materials. What I'm using, brands/sizes and the like.
          Recipes. I have a personal side-project I'm working on involving recipes. If I ever use the recipes I'll upload them, as well as talk about the where the recipe came from and post the obligatory pictures of it.

The first content post will follow shortly! Monday Sourdough

No comments:

Post a Comment